< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

AshleyMadison's CEO Thinks Affairs Help Keep Marriages Together--Do You?

Started by Erin , author of Make Her Up 4/28/2011 11:47:50 AM

Do affairs lead to divorce? Noel Biderman, the CEO of AshleyMadison.com, the web's premier site for wannabe adulterers, doesn't think so. With 8.5 million users and paying customers in over 10 countries including the U.S., Canada, Australia, England, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, New Zealand and Sweden, Biderman (a former sports agent turned Internet mogul), believes that if people were more flexible in allowing sexual encounters outside of marriage, there would be fewer divorces. "I didn't invent infidelity," says BIderman. "Or the desire for it."

What he did invent--after learning that between 10 to 30 percent of people on traditional dating sites were married--is a company that is creating both controversy and cash, with $60 million in profits expected this year. Is he an agent of change, an agent provocateur, or both?

The writer of the article goes on to interview the creator at length. You can read the interview here.

I run another website (www.ICYDK.com) and I was asked to advertise for Ashley Madison. I turned them down flat, because I think it is a despicable, morally reprehensible business. A company that makes money off of cheating spouses? What I want to know is how the people behind that company sleep at night.

But the article asked a question. AshleyMadison's CEO Thinks Affairs Help Keep Marriages Together--Do You?

Do affairs keep marriages together? What do you think?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9
""

Reply by Erin

author of Make Her Up 4/28/2011 12:14:22 PM

Good Post Jocelyn! - I think its  wrong the point of marriage is a sacred union. If you want to sleep around why get married?

Even if marriages were helped by infidelity I think it is the lying and sneaking around that would kill the marriage. If its so healty why not have an open relationship not sneak online to find anonymous partners.

Erin

I cannot imagine how an affair would improve a marriage. It seems to me if that kind of turmoil is needed to create closeness or spark, there's a deeper problem that should be addressed.

""

Reply by Alecia

author of Marriage Life 4/28/2011 1:00:39 PM

I know from experience how destructive infidelity is. I personally believe that adultery is one of the lowest forms of selfishness there is. And there is no room for selfishness in a healthy marriage. There are no words to express how disgusting Ashley Madison's premise and actions are to me.

""

Reply by Maggie S.

author of Accidentally by Design 4/29/2011 8:36:14 AM

May God have mercy on all those who buy a piece of this lie.  Good for you for turning them down.

""

Reply by Erin

author of Make Her Up 4/29/2011 12:59:55 PM

I agree!

Maggie S.'s profile picture
Maggie S. said ...
May God have mercy on all those who buy a piece of this lie

""

Reply by Cheryl

author of Cat's Holiday&Decor Passion 4/29/2011 7:58:08 PM

I totally agree.........

Reply by Alecia

I know from experience how destructive infidelity is. I personally believe that adultery is one of the lowest forms of selfishness there is.

OMGosh things like this make me sick.  God intended marriage and sex to be such a sacred thing to be shared between a husband and a wife.  When you give yourself sexually to another person you are bound to them forever.  Why bring a whole line of people into your heart like that.  I don't get it.  It makes me sad that people are not experiencing true intimacy.

""

Reply by kelly

author of Modern Earth Design 4/29/2011 10:58:37 PM

Beckie, I agree!

Reply by Beckie

OMGosh things like this make me sick.  God intended marriage and sex to be such a sacred thing to be shared between a husband and a wife.  When you give yourself sexually to another person you are bound to them forever.  Why bring a whole line of people into your heart like that.  I don't get it.  It makes me sad that people are not experiencing true intimacy

""

Reply by Pascale

author of She Wanders She Finds 4/30/2011 2:29:11 AM

Sickening and I do not believe  any good can come from adultery.. I think even if you forgive your spouse, the trust is gone and therefor the marriage not as should be anymore...

Beckie - I agree with you too..

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Thanks for being a part of our CoffeeTalk Community! We like to have fun, play nice and enjoy each others company. Please, no outside giveaways or spam.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS