< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Kim Kardashian's $2 Million engagement ring: Tacky or Sweet?

Started by Erin , author of Make Her Up 5/26/2011 2:03:59 PM

Kim Kardashian had long dreamed of the perfect man—and the perfect ring. “In high school I went to Macy’s and bought this fake ring, my ‘perfect’ ring, and this is almost the exact same,” she says, staring down at the 20-plus-carat gem Humphries designed with jeweler Lorraine Schwartz, a longtime Kardashian friend who has not only decked Kim in her gorgeous jewels for events like the Emmy Awards but has also created engagement rings for stars like Beyoncé.

Wanting something distinctly her own (“Khloé’s is a radiant cut,” she says of her sister’s ring), the reality star loves the classic design. Humphries had simpler requirements: “I just knew I wanted it to be big!” And he got more than big, as Kim gushed, “It’s the most beautiful thing I have ever seen,” says Kardashian of the ring. “It’s perfect.”

The 16.5-carat emerald cut center stone is flanked by a pair of 2-carat trapezoids, for a total weight of 20.5 carats! Humphries even managed to work out the design without Kim knowing. Kardashian explains, “[Lorraine] always listened to what I would want and the shapes I love. I had said I loved an emerald cut and they were scheming and plotting for a while.” Humphries confided his plans in his parents, but felt confident in his decision. “I knew she’d love it–she better!”

What do you think of her $2 million rock? Tacky - or sweet?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9

Totally agree.  It's disgusting to waste so much money when it could do such good for so many.  And how long will the marriage last I wonder???

Ah I'm such a cynic!

Christine's profile picture
Christine said ...
I think it's an absurd waste of money...and can you imagine what the cost of the wedding will be??

I wonder the same thing, "How long will the mariage last?"  People in the limelight have a pressure none of us understand.  I can't imagine men constantly throwing themselves at me nor women throwing themselves at my husband.  The temptation is unbearable.  I can't imagine having a relationship like that. 

The 2 million dollar ring?  To each his own.  But $2 mil could do a lot of a lot of people.  It seems silly to spend that much, it doesn't prove your love is any better or bigger.

I agree with Beckie...and It is sad that we even start doubting that the marriage will last very long. 

I personally think it is sad that our society places so much emphasis on "the ring" rather than on the value of marriage and relationships.  So many it seems focus on the weddings and engagements and forget that marriage is all about hard work, trust, honesty and morality.

I hope for their sake that they truly can have a happy and fulfilling marriage.

tacky! $2 million can be spent on a house, honeymoon, wedding.. whatever else. but, on a ring? ridiculous!!

""

Reply by Amy

author of modpodgerocksblog.com 5/31/2011 8:29:07 AM

All I can say is that if I had a ring like that, it would get completely ruined with Mod Podge, paint and other crafting supplies.  I don't wear jewelry on my hands for this reason.  I personally don't care about wedding rings.  A small band would work for me.

""

Reply by julybug17

5/31/2011 4:48:06 PM

I think it's tacky and everything about this family is just for show.

""

Reply by Jessa

5/31/2011 6:04:09 PM

I think it's tacky. When I see a ring like that I immediately think of them accidentally scratching someone or themselves with it. Not good.

""

Reply by Kimberlee

author of The Peaceful Mom 5/31/2011 7:56:36 PM

I found this interesting:

"It’s so big, in fact, that husband-to-be Kris Humphries was able to include several inscriptions on the inside of the sparkler. “It’s engraved, with two things from the Bible,” Humphries tells PEOPLE. “There’s one verse [Proverbs 31: 10-31] about the perfect godly woman,” he explains. “The other, [1 John 3:18] is about love. It took me … a few days to pick them out and research the perfect ones.” In the middle of the two passages is a third inscription, “K [hearts] K,” standing, of course, for Kris and Kim."

I think it is super tacky!  There are so many good causes that money could have gone to.  Instead she is walking around with an uncomfortably large ring on her hand.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Thanks for being a part of our CoffeeTalk Community! We like to have fun, play nice and enjoy each others company. Please, no outside giveaways or spam.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS