< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Easy weeknight dinners?!

Started by Courtney , author of Pizzazzerie 3/7/2011 12:52:59 PM

I'm struggling friends.... I need some quick + easy + healthy dinners for the weeknights. Any favorites in the grocery aisles that you use. I'm a big fan of the semi-homeade approach since it makes things quicker!

What do you eat during the week? 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17
""

Reply by Michelle

author of Everyday Celebrating 3/7/2011 1:45:44 PM

Signing up to get responses from this discussion. I need them!

I need to use my crock pot more!  There are so many great sites out there with crock pot recipes.

""

Reply by Courtney

author of Pizzazzerie 3/7/2011 2:44:40 PM

YES, my crock pot - I neeed to find some easy recipes to use that thing, I haven't used it YET and I got it last November!

""

Reply by Michelle

author of Everyday Celebrating 3/7/2011 3:31:28 PM

Great page on facebook with crockpot recipes.

I've made a KILLER lasagna in the crock pot.  I need to find healthier items to cook there though. LOL

""

Reply by Cindy

author of Skip to my Lou 3/8/2011 7:37:18 AM

When short on time I usually have the ingredients to make a skillet meal like

Skillet Lasagna

or

Chili Mac

It isn't probably the most healthy but at least it didn't come form a box.

""

Reply by Kim

author of Sandbox Gems 3/8/2011 7:47:46 AM

Okay, maybe not the healthiest either but we make cornflake chicken.  Take skinless, boneless chicken breasts pounded a little bit flat.  Mix together some mayonnaise with a small amount of salt, pepper, red pepper, and poultry seasoning.  Spread on chicken breasts all over.  Dredge in crushed up cornflakes and drizzle with melted marg. or butter.  Bake in a prepared pan at 350 for about 30-35 minutes, check for doneness. 

""

Reply by Courtney

author of Pizzazzerie 3/8/2011 2:24:36 PM

Kim - the cornflake chicken sounds easy and yummy! THANKS!

Cindy - that skillet lasagna sounds great! 

Will definitely add these ideas to my "rotation" :)

I'm struggling too! I like making vegetable stir fry- it's quick, healthy, easy. I also make a simple pasta sauce with fat free turkey breast as the meat instead of ground beef (1,000 times healthier and just as good!). I'll throw together a chef salad as well. I need more options! :)

I love the slow cooker.  Also I'll take one or two days a week and do some major cooking.  I freeze meals and take them out during the busy week and throw them in the oven.  nice dinner without all the prep time (that day!)

""

Reply by Jennifer

3/8/2011 8:44:24 PM

kraftfoods.com has TONS of recipes and all are extremely easy with very simple ingredients. These are a couple of my favorites from their site:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bruschetta-chicken-bake-65546.aspx

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bruschetta-chicken-bake-65546.aspx

These are yummy and easy too:

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

http://www.scissorsandspatulas.com/2011/01/easy-chicken-enchiladas-with-tomato.html

Crock Pots can be your friend :)!  Love mine.  Just throw it in in the morning and you are good to go. 

Here is one of my favorite easy recipes that is not a crock pot recipe.  Grilled Salmon.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS