< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Confession time...

Started by Ali , author of Jam Hands 6/11/2011 9:20:49 PM

This afternoon at a birthday get together for my son, I ate 3 hot dogs. One without the bun, you know, to cut back. wink

Okay, your turn. Food or otherwise, ease your guilt and spill a confession.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 11 - 19 of 19
""

Reply by Ali

author of Jam Hands 6/15/2011 8:21:02 AM

How could you Melinda?? Haha, just kidding. That sounds like something I would do too. :D

""

Reply by Ali

author of Jam Hands 6/16/2011 8:58:04 AM

This was me this morning. Whipped cream is good!

""

Reply by Miranda

author of Mangoes and Chutney 6/18/2011 1:17:54 AM

Loves it!

""

Reply by Nickeletta

author of Nickeletta 6/21/2011 4:41:41 PM

This is hilarious!

I could certainly eat a whole pan of rice krispy treats by myself (which is why I don't make them).

I've also been known to buy treats and hide them from the kids and then my husband and I will eat them when they're in bed.

They're getting older, and smarter, and keeping the goodies a secret is more difficult.  They found where I was hiding the chocolate chips.

Confession: I keep chocolate chips around so I can dip a spoon into peanut butter, then dip into the chips and eat.

""

Reply by Ali

author of Jam Hands 6/21/2011 5:10:07 PM

hah - I hear you on the treat hiding Nickeletta. My daughter is almost 4 and she is becoming quite the detective. She must have super sonic hearing because if she hears the slightest crinkle of the wrapper of a fruit snack being opened -- ZOOM! She is right on your heels. haha.  :)

I can eat a whole jar of Nutella by myself ;) shhhh don't tell lol

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Domesticated Nomad 6/23/2011 7:28:26 PM

Nickeletta, I do the same thing with chocolate chips and peanut butter!

""

Reply by Aimee

author of Shugary Sweets 6/25/2011 9:06:07 AM

You all are sick twisted people. Hiding treats. 

Okay, totally kidding. Hiding is what I am good at. Growing up in a house as the only girl with three brothers, I learned to hide food at a young age. I would take entire boxes of cereal up to my room so that I knew at breakfast I would have food to eat. My brothers would take large tupperware bowls to make breakfast so there was always crumbs left. It was all about survival back then :)

Now...I just do it out of guilty pleasure. Especially the chili cheese fritos. :) Oh yum. There are plenty of nooks and cranny's in our cabinets and pantries (yes we have two) to hide snacks. Don't you all stack up cans in the front of a shelf to make it look full and hide stuff behind the cans?

Okay, anyways, you all crack me up! There should be a tv show about mothers like us :)

Aimee

""

Reply by Miranda

author of Mangoes and Chutney 7/2/2011 8:03:58 PM

Such good stuff here! Glad to know I wasn't the only one! Aimee, chili cheese fritos? Yes please!!!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

The only rules are: - No spammy stuff - Be nice!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS