< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

First Book Reading Pledge and Book Donation through Aug 28th

Started by Renee , author of Cutie Booty Cakes 8/9/2011 6:32:51 PM

I am so excited to be co-hosting a live chat with Lori of Freely Educate this Thursday, August 18th from 8-9pm EST that will be benefit First Book. For every reply to this discussion HERE, Random House Children's Books will donate a book to First Book. Our GOAL is to have to 2,500 replies = 2,500 books! First Book provides access to new books for children in need. For more information of First Book please visit their website.

Here's how you can participate:

1. At 8pm EST on August 18th come back to this discussion to participate in the live chat.
  2. Reply with your pledge of how many hours per week you will read to your children.
  3. Join in the conversation we will be having around the question "If you could spend a summer day living inside a children's book or novel what would it be?"
  4. Have fun talking with other like-minded members who enjoy supporting children's literacy.
  5. If you can't make the live chat, then you can come back to this discussion anytime until August 26th with your pledge.
  6. Tell you friends and spread the word!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1258
""

Reply by SITS Girls

author of The Secret to Success is Support 8/11/2011 4:23:45 PM

Sounds fun!!

""

Reply by Terrie

8/11/2011 4:59:01 PM

My kids are all grown, but I read to my granddaughter whenever she comes over. When my kids were growing up though, we read all the time, multiple storytimes a day. We're a family of readers.

""

Reply by Lori Seaborg

author of Freely Educate 8/12/2011 12:34:50 AM

Awesome.  I'll come!

""

Reply by Melissa @ Stockpiling Moms

author of STOCKPILING MOMS — Extreme Couponing 8/16/2011 7:58:48 PM

Sounds like fun!

""

Reply by Melissa

8/17/2011 4:55:04 PM
That's so awesome!

""

Reply by Greta

author of Middle-Aged Jock 8/17/2011 4:55:25 PM
WOW!! I think that's a fantastic idea. I'll try to get more people to come comment!

""

Reply by Dadisi

8/17/2011 4:56:38 PM
Renee, make it do what it do.

""

Reply by Joyce

8/17/2011 5:00:04 PM
My first time here, sounds interesting! My son is 11, and he still loves stories read to him, actually...I do too!

""

Reply by Melissa

author of wherever i may wander 8/17/2011 5:07:58 PM
My kids just ADORE reading. So much that they literally walk around with their noses in books. ;p

""

Reply by Renee

author of Cutie Booty Cakes 8/17/2011 5:08:23 PM
Isn't this a great give back? I love it!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly and respectful and don't forget to have fun. The opinions expressed by Random House Read & Play Community members and bloggers are that of the member and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Random House Children's Books brand. By posting to this community, you agree to abide by these community rules. BlogFrog community leaders are paid on behalf of Random House.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS