< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

LIVE CHAT: John Stephens, Tuesday 4/24 1pm EST

Started by Sonia 4/5/2012 12:13:12 PM

JOHN STEPHENS (@johnrstephens) spent ten years in television, and was executive producer of Gossip Girls and a writer for Gilmore Girls and The O.C.  He holds an MFA from the University of Virginia and was inspired to write novels for children after reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

A snowy winter's night. Three small children are chased from their home by the forces of a merciless darkness. Ten years later, Kate, Michael and Emma are no closer to the truth about what separated their family.

The answer lies with an enchanted atlas.

Brimming with action, humor, and emotion, The Emerald Atlas is the first book in The Books of Beginning series & the beginning of a journey that will take Kate, Michael, and Emma to strange, dangerous lands and deep within themselves. It is the story of three children who set out to save their family, and end up having to save the world.

The next book in the series, The Fire Chronicle, hits stores this Fall.

Here's the trailer for The Emerald Atlas:

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 295

I'm so excited to learn about John Stephens and his book, The Emerald Atlas!! These are my favorite type of books. I can't wait for tomorrow's chat!

""

Reply by Sonia

4/24/2012 11:25:40 AM

Check back in a half hour to chat with John Stephens live! Looking forward to it!

Very excited about this Live Chat! I loved fantasy as a pre-teen and teen and I love it now!

""

Reply by John Stephens

4/24/2012 12:03:05 PM

Hello Sonia, Hello all, I'm just joining this forum so a little slow getting a photo up, which is no great loss, believe me, but it really is me.  Hope everyone is well.  It's a beautiful day in Southern California and I'm really looking forward to your questions.  Writers spend so much time in rooms by themselves it's wonderful to be able to interact with actual readers, even electronically.  John

I can't wait to hear more about this book! I just put it on my "to read" list on goodreads.com!

Hi John! I'm in Southern CA too! This weather has been crazy, hasn't it?

""

Reply by Sonia

4/24/2012 12:03:51 PM
Hello John! Welcome to the community, and happy Paperback on-sale day for The Emerald Atlas

""

Reply by Sonia

4/24/2012 12:04:01 PM
Hi Natalie!

Hey Sonia! Nice to chat with you again!

""

Reply by Sonia

4/24/2012 12:04:20 PM
PS, John, great photo!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly and respectful and don't forget to have fun. The opinions expressed by Random House Read & Play Community members and bloggers are that of the member and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Random House Children's Books brand. By posting to this community, you agree to abide by these community rules. BlogFrog community leaders are paid on behalf of Random House.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS