< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

When choosing a chapter book, do you look for a series?

Started by Marie , author of Craft Ideas, Kids Crafts, Recipes and More | Make and Takes 5/29/2012 9:18:29 PM

It seems like a lot of chapter books currently being written come in threes or fives! But we love it. After we've read the first book, we are always wanting more. So we tend to look for chapter books that are in a series. 

One of our favorites is Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. That's a great series that is 5 books. If your child isn't old enough to read, it's a perfect read aloud book too.  

What is your favorite chapter book that comes in a set?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4

My oldest son (9) loves series books. He's incredibly picky, so when we do find a book he likes, my wife and I pray to the Library Gods that there are dozens available in the series!

He's blown through all the Magic Treehouse books and also loves the My Weird School series.

Haha!! Andrew, I feel the same way. My son is really into the How to Train Your Dragon series and there are about 8 or 9 books. It's great!

""

Reply by Roots And Wings Co

author of RootsAndWingsCo 5/31/2012 7:18:06 PM

We LOVE reading in our house!  I like to have our bedtime reading be me reading to the kids (during the day they are to read to themselves).  I prefer it to be book series.  This summer we want to work our way through The Chronicles of Narnia (I have very fond memories doing this with my parents) and the kids are dying to read the Harry Potter series.  I have read all of Harry Potter, but my 2 youngest are a bit young so we have only made it through 1 and 2 with them.  I think I will oblige and go a few books further in that series.  I also have an older daughter who is an AVID reader.  I am going to read a bunch of her series, to keep up with what is important to her (Warriors series, etc).  Should be a fun summer!!

""

Reply by Teaching Tiny Tots

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 6/5/2012 9:10:08 PM

I love series and so do my girls...but if I like an author...I'll read everything I can find by him.  One of my girls is the same way.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly and respectful and don't forget to have fun. The opinions expressed by Random House Read & Play Community members and bloggers are that of the member and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Random House Children's Books brand. By posting to this community, you agree to abide by these community rules. BlogFrog community leaders are paid on behalf of Random House.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS