< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

LIVE CHAT: Jessie Hartland Monday 6/4 9PM EST

Started by Sonia 5/30/2012 11:06:22 AM

JESSIE HARTLAND is the author of eight picture books for children, including her most recent, How the Sphinx Got to the Museum, which Booklist, in a starred review, called "exhaustive, dizzying, yet crystal clear [in] detail."

Jessie Hartland is also a commercial artist whose work can be seen on ceramics and fabric, as well as in advertisements. An avid cook, Jessie traveled to Paris and the French countryside to research Bon Appetit! The Delicious Life of Julia Child.

Jessie divides her time between a house near the water on Long Island and a loft in lower Manhattan, New York. Learn more at jessiehartland.com

Have a question for Jessie? Leave it in the comments below and check back Monday, 6/4 at 9pm EST for the answers!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 161
""

Reply by PragmaticMom

author of Pragmatic Mom 6/1/2012 5:21:48 PM

I'm excited about more books about Julia Child! Love her! Can't wait to meet Jessie Harland. Sounds like a great book for my Moms Book Club!

""

Reply by Sonia

6/4/2012 8:03:39 PM
Good evening everyone!

""

Reply by PragmaticMom

author of Pragmatic Mom 6/4/2012 8:04:43 PM
Hi Sonia!

""

Reply by Sonia

6/4/2012 8:05:17 PM
How are you?

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Mom Spotted 6/4/2012 8:06:14 PM
Hey everyone!

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Mom Spotted 6/4/2012 8:06:53 PM
I'm doing bedtime. Hubby said he'd take care of it but I might be in and out for the next few...

""

Reply by PragmaticMom

author of Pragmatic Mom 6/4/2012 8:07:18 PM
Great. Excited to learn more about Julia. She lived near me in Cambridge. I'm one town over in Newton. In fact, Newton is New Town ... the New Town for spillover of Cambridge.

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Mom Spotted 6/4/2012 8:07:36 PM
Its a Mass party here tonight :)

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Mom Spotted 6/4/2012 8:07:48 PM
Groan... brb

""

Reply by Sonia

6/4/2012 8:08:01 PM
No worries, Jennifer; hope bedtime is seamless! Such a small world, PragmaticMom!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly and respectful and don't forget to have fun. The opinions expressed by Random House Read & Play Community members and bloggers are that of the member and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Random House Children's Books brand. By posting to this community, you agree to abide by these community rules. BlogFrog community leaders are paid on behalf of Random House.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS