< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Gluten-Free Mother's Day?

Started by Alta , author of Tasty Eats at Home 5/2/2012 12:00:10 AM

I know I'll be cooking up a mother's day meal for my mom, gluten-free, of course.

What do you plan on cooking for mother's day? Or do you plan on eating out? (Have you asked your kids/significant other/family to prepare YOU a gluten-free special meal?)

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5
""

Reply by Anne-Marie

author of This Mama Cooks! On a Diet 5/2/2012 12:43:21 PM

I have no idea what we'll be doing except going to the movies or to a local museum, since it's just me and the kids this year. (My spouse is working on the other side of the country.)

I'll be cooking as letting my two kids in the kitchen by themselves means I'll be doing a lot of cleaning up afterwards. So not worth it.

""

Reply by Wendy

author of Udi's Gluten Free 5/2/2012 1:39:50 PM

We do a brunch each year for Mother's Day. This year, my sister and her husband are hosting. I have been asked to bring cinnamon rolls. Does anyone have a good gluten free cinnamon roll recipe??

""

Reply by Alta

author of Tasty Eats at Home 5/3/2012 3:56:40 PM

I've been working on cinnamon rolls myself - but mine are currently grain, dairy, and refined sugar free too. So not quite the same texture as those fluffy sweet ones you remember. I did enjoy these when I first went gluten-free - you might try them: http://www.glutenfreediva.com/2007/03/the-cinnamon-roll-of-your-dreams/

""

Reply by Eleanor Jean

author of Gluten-free Foody 5/6/2012 8:21:45 AM

I will be visiting my mom and putting some pretty garden lights in for her and maybe make her some coconut macaroons! Not sure what the hubby & kids are doing. 

Here are some ideas! 

Mother's Day the gluten-free way

When I'm with MY parents I always cook, but my hubby and the kids like to take me out when its just us.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Udi's Gluten Free Community members and bloggers are that of the members. We reserve the right to delete self promotional material (ie. giveaways, link ups, products, spam, etc.) that does not relate to the community discussion.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS